Alta School is pleased to announce that Reedley Transit continues to offer service out to the school. Please take a moment to read the following rules and regulations from Reedley Transit.
1. Passengers should have exact fare, change will not be given. No credit will be given. No payment in advance will be accepted. Tickets may be purchased at:
2. Passengers should be READY and waiting OUTSIDE. Times for pick-ups are not given but passengers need to be aware that all rides are between 5 to 30 minutes. The transit service is not a taxi service. If passengers are not ready the following will happen:
A. Driver will leave after one minute and then radio office of a “no show” and go on to the next call. If passenger calls back for another pick-up once the driver has left, the passenger will be required to pay for the “no show” as well as the pick-up.
3. A maximum of two (2) grocery bags may be brought on the van by each adult. Accompanying children may carry one (1) grocery bag.
4. Foggy season – The Fresno County Rural Transit Agency (agency governing the Reedley Transit System) reserves the right to limit or curtail its services as a result of inclement weather. This statement means that our services are not guaranteed. It may mean that someone may be seriously inconvenienced. Important pre-scheduled appointments (including school, doctor, hospital, employment, meal, shopping, banking, etc.) may be missed, the consequences of which may be most unfortunate. We assume no responsibility for such incidents.
5. Due to circumstances beyond our control, there will be times when, without prior notice, we will be short on drivers. We ask that passengers patiently wait for the driver and your ride. Please do not call the dispatchers back. Dispatchers have been instructed not to ask the drivers “how much longer” if the customer's call was within the 30 minute time.
6. Seat belts must be worn by all passengers. The drivers are not allowed to move the vehicle until all passengers have their seat belts on. If a passenger refuses to put on their seat belt, passenger will be asked to get off the van.
7. Children under the age of 6 or under 60 pounds must be in a special car seat. Reedley Transit has only one car seat per vehicle. If more than one child requiring a special car seat is to use the van, the passenger must bring the required additional number of car seats.
8. Vans are not allowed to back up when picking up or delivering passengers.
9. Transit vans are NOT ALLOWED to stop behind cars on “G” Street. Customers need to wait at the nearest corner. Please inform the dispatcher when calling, which corner you will be waiting.
10. Passengers are not allowed to stand up in the vehicle until it comes to a complete stop.
11. Hours of Operation:
Reservations are NOT taken. You must call each time that you would like a ride. If you ride daily, you will still need to call in.
A. General Fare - $0.75 per person one way.
B. Children accompanied by a parent - $0.50 per person one way
C. Person with a disability and Seniors under the age of 65 - $0.50
D. Seniors 65 years and older are free.